Interlibrary Loan Service
The West Lincoln Public Library Board is pleased to once again offer this service to our library members. The service was put on hold when the Southern Ontario Library Service's budget underwent a 50% reduction. After consultation with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, SOLS has reinstated the software portal (VDX) which facilitates the inter-library loan process. However, funding for the courier, which transports inter-library materials among libraries, remains eliminated.
Please note the following changes:
- Delivery of inter-library loan materials will take place via Canada Post and may take longer to arrive.
- Book club materials will no longer be available for request from other libraries.
- Due to increased costs associated with the new delivery model, there will be limits on the types of material that can be borrowed and the number of inter-library loans a Library member can request.
You may want to check out other options for obtaining materials:
- You will find a great collection of eBooks available through our digital services, which are easy to stream from your computer, tablet or phone.
- West Lincoln Library card holders can borrow materials at any of our branches (Smithville, Wellandport, Caistorville), as well as through partner libraries in LiNC consortium. These libraries can be searched right from our catalogue.